Major Changes (Part 2) - Please read
Just a week ago I was planning on expanding Figures for Drawing. But, before any of that can happen, some things have got to change around here.
The internet is a very tricky place. Any image posted anywhere can easily be taken, rebranded and posted with all links (literal and metaphorical) back to the original creator being utterly lost.
However, one of the magical things about the internet is the development of an idea. When a real community can come together, pulling their resources together to make some real magic.
That is what I had desired for Figures for Drawing. With so many incredible images hiding here on the internet, wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a place where every image could be used for study?
Ah, that is a good question. But Is it really my place to build such a haven?
In doing so, do I not take rights away from someone else who would prefer to not be apart of it? (And honestly, this in Tumblr. Reblogging and tracking things down on tumblr can be a real mess. It’s no wonder that some would just prefer to stay out of it. I completely understand, and to an extent agree!)
But I also find that Tumblr has its own unique community, as well as the ability to reach so many people.
Lets do things, the right way!
Changes being made to Figures for Drawing
- I have cleared my Queue and will no longer be posting 4 images daily.
- I am on a hunt for citations and photographers. I want to try and get every currently posted image cited with their proper credits, and make contact, where possible, with those owners.
- I will try and receive permission for future postings. (If the photographer is posting their own work on Tumblr, I will message them with a thanks message, but will assume that they desire their work to be reblogged. (Is this a good assumption?))
- If I am unable to locate the citation or the owner, I may still blog/reblog the image with a request to helping me find the owner/cite the owner.
- As I work through my current library of images I will be working on tagging the images until all images are tagged.
- Older images that no longer fit here on ffd will be removed.
It’s Cleanup time. I have no idea how long this could take me. I will still, to the best of my ability, try and keep a steady stream of posts going, but I honestly want to change the way I do things. I am already quite limited on my available time, but I think this is worth it.
Please work with me! This could be a great opportunity to build trust in our artistic community not only on Deviant Art, but here on Tumblr too. If you recognize an image that I don’t have cited, please let me know! I want to get to know and work with more Photographers, Models, and Artists. I am looking forward to working with you.
I am sorry for the upcoming delays in posting in images. Thank you for putting your trust in me, and this blog. We will get things up and running again, the right way.
Ready to start a new adventure?